Friday, January 20, 2012

A Blog Post That I Took From An Email Sent By Joe Fusco

An email I received from a friend - in the spirit of taking I am just going to take his words and print them here.  A blog post for free!

Dear Liz,

I tried to leave a comment on your Taking blog, but it's just too much work on a Sunday morning!

Liz, don't limit your "taking" to material things. You can take things like people's dignity, too! You can take their time, their ideas, their space, their attention. Get people to do *you* favors -- it's like the opposite of philanthropy!

You can do it, Liz! I have faith in you! 

(See? You took at least five minutes of my time by making me jump through hoops trying to leave a comment over at your blog! I could have been curing cancer! And I just took your time by making you read this silly message! Easy!)

Joe Fusco

No comments:

Post a Comment