Friday, January 20, 2012

Taking from Friends

The Year of Taking is off to a roaring start!  I have taken chopsticks, fortune cookies (which have shitty "fortunes" written in them theses days - more like random statements of fact than fortunes), toothpicks, and mints.  I have even managed to take up some of my friends' time when they read this ridiculous blog.

But yesterday was a bonanza of taking!!

First of all, I am spending a few days in Oklahoma which means I am now taking from a state other than Texas! The Year of Taking is going national!

I took free food when the lady who runs the guesthouse brought me a huge breakfast consisting of quiche, scones, and fruit salad. (I don't know if she thinks I play professional football or if she cooks this much for all of her guests) I took most of the food over to my dad's house because I couldn't eat all the food she brings for one breakfast in a week.

Then, at lunch with my friend Susan Flint Shock, I took half the potatoes off her plate. Right in front of her!  OK, if you have to know the whole story, she insisted that I take the potatoes so she wouldn't eat them all which made sense if you tasted them....very delicious and potentially fattening.  I guess that means that I also took her calories.

Then I took my brother Steve's time when he put gas in my car.  I don't know if that really counts as taking because he offered to pump the gas.  What the heck, lets count it as a "take".

I guess with all this taking I should do some giving...Stephanie's idea for "Filanthropy Friday" this week was ridiculous and I have already mocked her on her blog for this particular charity/scam so I won't give to her charity of the week.  You can read about it here: http://runningwithlumpy.blogspot.com/

No, I think that in honor of being in Oklahoma this week I will give to Blaze's Tribute Equine Rescue, Inc. which is in the tiny town of Jones, OK.  Because (seriously) if there is one thing I hate it is cruelty to animals.  So I would like to do my part for an organization that adopts neglected or abused horses.

Blaze's Tribute Equine Rescue, Inc., located in Jones, Oklahoma, is a non-profit 501(C)3 organization that strives to improve the lives of neglected, starved and abused horses. We provide equine rescue regardless of age or disability. We provide Rehabilitation, Education and Adoption Services. We promote and teach horse care and humane, natural methods for training horses.

I just donated $50 to Blaze's Equine Rescue.  (Tip for sensitive readers: don't read the Elvis Tribute section of the website unless you like to be sad and cry a lot).

OK, now I must get back to my day which includes a drive to Cordell, Oklahoma and hopefully some taking from my friend Melia, her husband Dick, and their two sons.  I wonder if I can take all their silverware without them noticing....? To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment