Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Fine Line Between Taking and Stealing

Last night my awesome husband, Jonathan, took me to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. On the way we discussed the possibility of me taking something from the restaurant.  Even though this is the Year of Taking (tm), I don't plan to become a thief which means that I won't steal silverware, glassware, wine, or anything that I shouldn't be "taking".  And that really limits things for me. Or maybe it means I am going to have to get really creative in this Year of Taking (tm).

So, last night I took 2 toothpicks (because nothing is classier than a 40+ year old woman picking her teeth at the table) and 1 mint.  These were all freebies offered by the restaurant but I count it as "taking".  However, with that said, saying that I took toothpicks and mints from a restaurant is hardly fodder for an interesting or amusing blog post.  I am hoping that I can come up with funny things to take during this year or I figure this blog will be doomed in about 3 weeks.

If you have any great ideas for the Year of Taking (tm) please let me know.  Taking toothpicks and then writing about it seems so pathetic that I can barely finish typing this sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment